Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Recipe for Artichoke Chevre Stuffed Chicken Breasts

From my new Chef's Delight companion Cook Book, coming soon to a kitchen near you.  Hopefully, I'll be able to post a recipe a week from the book, but I won't post them all...Just a taste!

I was going to post this recipe back when I posted the picture of the dish, but I couldn't find the notebook that I'd written it down in...Shame on me!

Stuffing:

1/2 Cup (four ounces) Goat Cheese
1/2 Cup (four or five ounces) Marinated Artichoke Hearts
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise

Pulse artichoke hearts in food processor (or chop them by hand, but I always make a huge mess doing that) and mix with cheese and mayo.

Take four chicken breasts and, after cutting the tenderloins out of them (that is the little flap on the side that makes the shape of the breast not very uniform.  Save it for breading for the kids, because they don't eat the tasty stuff).  Butterfly the breast with a sharp knife, placing it flat on the cutting board, and slicing through the side, holding knife parallel to cutting board, not quite cutting all the way through.  Open the breast, like a book, and spoon in stuffing mixture.

Here's the tricky part.  Theoretically, you should be able to put them in a pan, and cook them that way, but I find that the cheese has a tendency to melt out of the breasts before egg in the mayonnaise has a chance to bind it all together, so I put mine in mini loaf pans to hold it all together.

Bake at 350, for 45 minutes to an hour, or until juices run clear when poked with a sharp knife.

This is a great recipe for dinner parties, as it's super easy and tastes like you went to cooking school to learn how to make it.

I would love to try this wrapped in prosciutto, but alas...My stories of Serendipity are set in Serendipity, a town much like my own, where prosciutto is hard to come by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews