Thursday, May 16, 2013

Momentum

I'm always afraid to take breaks from anything that I'm on a roll with, because then I lose momentum, and it's hard to get back into the groove.

Like this week, I've been forced to take a break from my writing for family stuff.  I'm losing my focus, and I know I'll spend half of next week getting back into the swing of things.  This week, I've done little in the way of marketing, even less in the way of writing.  I have done nothing towards my new cover, and all the little loose ends I was going to tie up?  Fugetaboudit...

So, while I'm stuck cleaning my house for company, getting my kids ready for this weekend, and basically being a mommy, I have my notebook next to me.  I always think of great stuff while I'm driving, and have become pretty adept at writing without looking at my notebook.  Reading it is another story altogether...

I have lunch with another Indie Author on Monday, and I'm hoping I can jump-start my focus then, and leave our "meeting" with a to-do list a mile long.  That will get me back into the swing of things.

Meanwhile, I'll take a look at my calendar and see how far ahead of schedule I am, and remind myself that everyone needs breaks.  That they're healthy.  That I will be rejuvenated on Tuesday, when I get down and dirty with my laptop.

I just love my job so much, I hate to take a vacation.  Especially to clean my house....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews