Monday, May 27, 2013

Author Interview: Bethany Daniel

Today, it is with pleasure that I interview a new author, Brittany Daniel.





Tell us about yourself, outside of writing.  

I am 24 and a wife and mommy. I have 2 little boys that keep me busy! 


Do you have any words of advice or encouragement for other writers who are looking to publish? 

Don't let rejections make you upset. Everyone has their own style and not every book will fit into the box the publishers have in mind. And when you do put your work out there, don't let negative reviews make you hide away, be proud of your work.


How do you market your work? 

Bloggers! They really help a lot in reaching people you couldn't otherwise. Also Facebook, Twitter, and word of mouth from people who have read it and enjoyed.


Tell a little about your most recent work.  

 My book is Reconnected, it's Young Adult/ New Adult. It's about Liam Warren and his lost love, Katy. They were High School sweethearts and got married right away. Liam was a theater actor and got discovered by Excite Entertainment. When they got to L.A Liam changed and pushed Katy away, he just didn't realize it until it was to late and she left, but they never actually divorced. 4 years later, when he's in Georgia for filming, their paths cross again and Liam wants to make them work again, but has to convince her.


Tell us about your favorite character from the book

I think my favorite character in Reconnected is Krista. She's Kate's best friend, and Scott's love interest, and she's just fun. She's sarcastic and puts herself out there, but she really loves her best friend and would do anything for her.


What motivates you to sit down and write? 

Just when ideas get in my head. Like I'll be sitting there thinking about a scene and it'll kind of play itself out in my head so I'll sit down and write  it all out.

Describe your writing process  

I don't plot out my story ahead of time. Other then figuring out my story line and characters names/personalities and such. The story part, I just sit and start going with how I feel the story should be directed.


Where does your inspiration come from? 

I've always been one to follow Hollywood gossip, and I thought it would be fun to write something in that world. I live far away from that kind of life, but its fun to put yourself in those shoes. Ideas can come from anywhere.



What do you think your greatest strength is in your writing? 

Connecting with my characters. I really  try to be in their heads and make my readers feel like they can connect with them.



Do you have a current work in progress?  Can you tell a little bit about it? 

I'm currently writing Disconnected, the story of Reconnected from Liam's POV. I really feel like it adds to the story and fills in places some people may feel as though lacked in Reconnected. I'm also considering writing Krista and Scott their own story down the line if Reconnected and Disconnected do well.


Links to buy Reconnected:




You can also connect with Bethany on FacebookPinterest, and Goodreads

I downloaded my copy of the book this morning, and I'm planning on posting a review soon!  Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews