Monday, June 10, 2013

Summertime fun...

First weekend into summer, and I'm completely exhausted.  I've taken the kids to the pool, cleaned the house a little bit, and managed to appease the dance instructor some.  I completely forgot about the tee-ball awards ceremony, but hey, nobody's perfect, right?

I had to make a deal with the kids.  They do chores and watch movies in their room or play outside and LEAVE ME ALONE all morning, and we get to go to the pool in the afternoon.  The only foreseeable problem with that, is that the pool freaking wears me out.  After two hours in the sun and swimming laps, I want to take a nap, not make dinner.

As I see it though, that's the only way I'm going to get time to write.  I think better in the morning, and they're less fractious at that time, and if all else fails, I'll pull out the "get-along" shirt.  Don't know what that is?  I'm sure I'll post pictures of it later.

This week, I'll be taking my day planner to Mom's house for her to fill my schedule with activities she's arranged for me and my children.  I will fight and argue to retain any freedoms a thirty-seven year-old has a right to with their seventy-six year-old power chair bound parent.  But in the end, I will cave to the guilt she lays on me, because I'm a marshmallow.  Just like old Mr. Stay-Puffed.

There's a dance convention, which I'm dreading.  Last year, while all of the other parents were enjoying the amenities the five-star accommodations were providing, I was fighting with management about the lack of handicapped facilities for Mom.  At the same time, I was trying not to expose my son to the complete estrogen vibes that thousands of dancing girls were giving off.  Fun times...  I'm actually having nightmares about this.

And then there's my novella.  It's actually going pretty well, when I have a chance to sit down and write.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I try to write about real people that others can relate to.  This particular story is about a married couple who have let life get in the way of their love.  That never happens to people, does it?

Anyway, I've had to put some things on the back burner for the summer, because there was no way I could keep up with the schedule I would like to with the kids at home.  Like the cook book.  That's probably not going to happen...Sorry. I will probably work on it, but I've taken it off my timeline...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews