Monday, July 15, 2013

Motivation - Organizing my thoughts

As I begin this week sans kids, I realize that I have time to mark those pesky little items off my to-do list: figuring out what the hell I'm doing wrong with getting my books up on iTunes and KOBO, as well as Createspace.  These are all platforms that have eaten my lunch on numerous occasions, making me lose my religion and swear off any contact with them at all.  Except a lack of sales recently has encouraged me to not burn those bridges so to speak (let's see if I can fit another cliche in here...).

I also HAVE to finish formatting Hot Mess for publication Friday (This Friday!  It's almost here!).  And I've gotten sucked into the whole social media/Facebook thing of having a release party for it, so I have to come up with games for the event (I have two, need eight more).  I'd also like to start revising Falling For Grace again, as well.

And Mom has decided that I'm painting two days this week, and I have a friend coming into town this weekend (possibly), and of course, since the kids are gone, I'd like a little quality time with my husband this week.

So my  relaxing week without kids has turned a bit overwhelming.  I'm going to have to make a list.  The only problem with making a list, is that when I have a list, I keep adding to it, and the next thing I know, the list has gotten too long to even contemplate, much less tackle.

I'm getting overwhelmed, and consequently I'm losing a little motivation.  I've got to remember why I'm doing all of this...Because I love writing, and there is money to be made doing something I love.  I'm not trying to become a millionaire, just make a contributable income to the household.  My kids need school clothes, I have dentist bills, I'd like to take the kids to the Chinese buffet occasionally...

It's hard to believe that when they come back, there will only be a month left before school starts.  Then in the two months after school starts, I'll have that time to finish Falling for Grace and/or the Christmas novella.  I'm panicking a little because my "schedule" is getting tight again.  I haven't done as much this summer as I wanted to, but I have to keep reminding myself that I was ahead of the game when summer started, to give myself wiggle room.

So, I'm writing this post to focus my thoughts.  Please forgive me if it seems like I'm ranting.  I'm not.  I do truly love what I do, I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment, and need a little focus.  This is how I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews