Monday, July 8, 2013

Indie Author Spotlight: Christine Meunier

Today, I'm doing an interview with Indie Author Christine Meunier, who has just released a book called Horse Country, A World of Horses.



Where does your inspiration come from?
From real life events and people that I meet and find have a lot to offer in the way of friendship, humour and learning.

Do you have any writers that you consider mentors?
My mother Kathie Thomas.

What do you think your greatest strength is in your writing?
Turning information and learning into something that is easy and enjoyable to read.

What is your biggest challenge?
Marketing!  I love it but feel there are so many avenues that I haven’t yet reached to notify them about my novel.

Name some authors who have influenced or inspired you?
Elyne Mitchell, Lauraine Snelling and Bonnie Bryant.

Tell a little about your most recent work.  Title, genre, and tag line.
Horse Country – A World of Horses is a new adult fiction that follows the lives of four young women working in the horse industry.

Tell us about your favorite character from the book.
Hmmm… there are a few in Horse Country!  I think Declan would have to be; I love that he brings fun and humour to the novel through his way of life.

Are there specific themes that you would like your reader to grasp while they’re reading your novel?
The main point of the novel Horse Country is that working with horses can be fun, set you up around the world and it is definitely a viable career option!

Do you have a current work in progress?  Can you tell a little bit about it?
Yes!  I am working on another stand alone novel that is about a woman who moves with her husband to his native tropical island where horses don’t exist.  It explores her endeavours to import them and start a trail riding business.

Tell us about yourself, outside of writing.
I love to learn about horses and teach others about them.  I teach horse studies at a TAFE in Victoria, Australia and am currently studying an Equine Science Degree.  It is my dream to one day own my own horse property and teach people about care of horses and how to ride them from home.

Horse Country – A World of Horses is available via http://www.horsecountrybook.com/ in eBook and hard copy formats.  It’s also the site for the book with excerpts, giveaways and author interviews.
The Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/HorseCountryBook

Horse Country is available on AMAZON, ebook on LULU, or paperback on LULU

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews