Friday, July 12, 2013

Falling for Grace, Book two in Four Winds series, is worse than my children...

I've been working on the sequel to Falling for Grace for months...and it just won't behave.  I pounded out the rough draft, following my outline, like always.  It didn't read right, but I told myself to put it aside and finish Hot Mess.  I could fix stuff in the revisions.

Well, I've been revising for two months, and it still doesn't read right.  Usually, at this point in the process, I'm excited about what I'm fixing to set loose on the public.  With Falling for Grace, I don't have that awesome feeling.  It's just...meh...

One of my betas have gotten back to me with a few suggestions that I'm mulling over (I do a lot of mulling at this stage of the writing process), and hopefully it will all come together in a way that I will enjoy.  I found a text to speech program so my husband can listen to it at work, as he always has great ideas.

Meanwhile, with the kids at home for summer, I don't have a lot of creative time anyway.  When I write, I need more than fifteen minute increments of quiet time.  Yes, I said quiet.  I don't always write with music.  Living in the boonies and not having reliable internet will make a person be that way, I guess, but that's something for another post.

This post is about Grace and the troubles it's giving me.  As an author, I thought I would love everything I ever wrote.  And I just don't love this one, yet.  I'm hoping that something will come to me, and I'll be all, like, "yeah!  That will make it great!"  If not, I'm going to publish it anyway and hope for the best.  It's part of a series.  A series about specific archangels.  I can't NOT publish it, I don't think...Raphael is a pretty major player, as one of the four major archangels.  This IS is his story.  And it has all the components of a story, conflict, character development, resolution, yadda yadda...

But it's making me crazy.  Crazy worse than my kids make me crazy.  It's always in the back of my mind, teasing me, craving attention, saying, "Think about me!"

I want to bitch-slap it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews