Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Break is not what it used to be...

This week was Spring Break for my kids, and I'm honestly not sure if I purposely didn't schedule any blog stuff for this week or not, but I'm glad I didn't.  I've been sick all week, and with trying to entertain the children while simultaneously not letting them kill each other or losing my temper, it's been fun.

They've taken advantage of the time by staying up until all hours of the night (I've no idea how late they're staying up, I can't keep my eyes open past 9:00) and sleeping until after 10:00.  I myself have been lazily sleeping in until 7:00 am and writing until they get up.  It's been absolutely devine.

Since I published Falling for Hope, book three in the Four Winds series, I've started working on the final (for now) book in the series, Falling for Faith.  Parts of it are coming obscenely easy, while other parts are a struggle.  I know I will be working on this one a while, as it has some more complicated themes in it (for now, I may take them out in the revision process, depending on whether or not they work).

I'm also in the middle of another rough draft, one I REALLY want to write, but it too, is difficult.  It deals with subject matter that is incredibly hard to write about realistically, but it's very real situations and I want to do them justice.

And that's what I get for wanted to SAY SOMETHING with my writing.  On the plus side, we're mostly moved into our new house, and I actually have an office, even though it has no door.  It's still my space.  YAY!  Although the old house still has a lot of work to do to get it on the market.

So my time is split half-a dozen different ways, and I'm loving it, even though I'm rather scattered and forget half the things I'm supposed to do on any given day.  I can remember when Spring Break was all about scheduling trips and meeting new people, but this one is pretty good, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews