Monday, October 14, 2013

Tag! You're it! Blog Hop

Thanks Samantha Holt for tagging me in this blog hop, since I never received the info for the author spotlight I was supposed to do.  If I got it, I can't find it.  If I find it later, I will put it up, promise...

I get to share a little about my work, then tag three bloggers/authors and they tag three people, until it's a huge tag-fest!  I'm so in...

1.  What are you working on right now?

Right now, I have a few works in progress that I'm trying not to work on, because I've got a bunch of housekeeping/remodeling things going on that I have to finish soon.  One WIP is a contemporary cowboy romance about lost loves reconnecting.  It's set in my fictional town of Serendipity, TX.

2.  How does it differ from other works in the genre?

Like all of my Stories of Serendipity, the characters are in their thirties, with real jobs and real issues.  In My Mistake (the cowboy romance), Brent is dealing with an addiction to pain pills.  I'd like to think that I'm treating the addiction in a realistic manner, that many people can relate to.  I've been told my characters are very relatable, which was one of my goals when I started writing.


3.  Why do you write what you do?

I got tired of reading about billionaires and virgins, and twenty something women wearing Jimmy Choos...I don't even know what Jimmy Choos look like.  I love the idea of Happily ever after, and wanted to write stories that people could relate with.  My own life has been unspectacular, even though I've had my share of achievements.  I wanted to write about other unspectacular people.  They deserve to have their story told too.

4.  How does your writing process work?

My writing process is a lot like my life:  All over the place.  I get an idea, and I mull it over for months before I write a word.  Then I outline and make notes for another month or two.  Then I sit down and write the rough draft in a couple of weeks.  Then another couple of months revising.  The all over the place part, is that I usually have three or four works in progress at any one time.  For example, right now, I have two rough drafts, three outlines, and two mulling in my brain right now.
 

I'm tagging Jill Sanders, www.jillmsanders.com, Vanessa Booke, www.boekiesreviews.com, and Nicole Edwards, www.nicoleedwardsauthor.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews