Monday, April 8, 2013

Challenged

The last blog I had was so much easier to figure out than this one, or maybe I wasn't so distracted, or maybe just not having an end goal in mind was the key.  I was doing it just for fun.

For some reason, I can't figure out how to make this one the way I want it, and the interface won't read my mind.  *sigh*  So, it will be a constant work in progress until I figure out how to put stuff on it that I want.  Like my picture.  And a bio.  Those seem simple, but I can't figure out what to do.

Okay, so here's my statement of purpose.  You ready?  To make money.  Yeah, I'm not going to lie.  I want to have a job that actually makes money doing something I love.  I have tried tons of occupations, and none of them made me any money, nor did I love any of them.

I have written my entire life, and have a constant stream of stories running around my head.  Last year, I went to a meeting of our local chapter of RWA, and Liliana Hart spoke about e-publishing, and what to do to actually bring in an income that could support people.  She actually said not to waste time on a blog, that it's like whistling into the wind.  So, that's what I'm working on.  I've always been a pretty good whistler.

My only problem is, I'm having to learning everything.  I had the writing thing down.  That was the easy part.  All this marketing stuff is just a kick in the head.  I was already a facebook user, but wattpad, goodreads, twitter?  You're kidding, right?  And that's not even all of them, just the ones I've figured out.  Sort of.

So, I'm still trying to figure out how my blog readers can reach me, and learn about me, and see where to find my books, and see what I'm working on now...This will be a slow process, methinks.

1 comment:

  1. I could have written those last two paragraphs about myself. Marketing and figuring out how to get eyeballs looking at your book - SO much harder than writing the thing in the first place!

    ReplyDelete

The Romance Reviews