Thursday, September 22, 2016

Writing Texas - Ashley Christin


My second Writing Texas guest blog post features Texan author Ashley Christin! 


When you hear the word Texas, you probably also think the word, pride. I’m Texas proud with a dripping southern accent to prove it. I’ve lived in this great state my whole life and still, at twenty-nine, I couldn’t see myself living anywhere else. Maybe that’s why all of my books and WIP are based in Texas. They say to write what you know, and I know Texas.

            The series that I currently have out features two BMX riding brothers, who attend college in Texas. I never thought of placing them in another state.  Texas is full of culture and many different kinds of people – so I knew my Taylor boys would fit right in. The X-games, a pro-sport competition has been held in Texas for the last few years in Austin, so then, it made even more sense for me to set the scene.

            From the windy, flat plains of Lubbock, to the rolling hills in Hill Country – Texas has a lot to offer a creative mind wanting to spin a tale. I write about Texas simply because I think it’s the best place to live on earth. Maybe it’s because I’ve never lived in another state, but even if I moved – you can’t take Texas out of the girl.

Want to keep up with my ramblings and shenanigans? Follow me on social media! I have a new release that I co-wrote with another Texas author, RD BERG that releases October 20th! You can find all the information below.

Insta: @ashleychristinauthor
Twitter: @ashleychristin



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews