Thursday, December 12, 2013

SALES...UGH

Sales are down.  I was expecting it, but I've gone longer without selling a single book than I have in months, and I'm trying not to get discouraged.  I know that people are busy making Christmas happen in their homes, and aren't really buying a lot of books right now.  I myself have taken a break, to save up for the kids' Christmas presents, so I'm not mad at the world for not buying my books or anything, I'm just...discouraged.
I've been trying to come up with ideas for getting my numbers up, and haven't been able to come up with anything new.  It's frustrating me, as I've always been pretty good at sales and marketing, but I've never really worked in an industry that took a hit during the holidays.  It's odd, to say the least.

I think my husband is more disappointed than I am.  He was hoping that sales would double with each new book I released, and watching his frustration every day when he asks, "Did you sell any books?" is hard.  No pressure, honey...  Every morning, I wake up and think to myself, "What am I going to do to sell books today?"  It's an old trick that my Aunt Lisa taught me, and my well is running dry.  I think today though, I will hit up some facebook book groups for a little free publicity and see what happens...Can't hurt, and surely there's someone that I have bugged recently who will help me out.

I'll also get back on googleplus, and see what I can do on there...  Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews