Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Falling for Cyn and its difficulties

I'm in the middle of a rough draft that is kicking my ass.  Hard.

Readers of my Four Winds series have spoken, and I am trying to comply with others' wishes.  If you haven't read any of those books, the first one's free on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and Smashwords.

Throughout the course of writing this series, I would get emails from readers wanting to know if I planned on writing Damien's story.  I politely replied, no.  Damien is the antagonist throughout the series, and by the fourth and final story, I had gotten so many enquiries, I decided to go for it.

It took months for me to wrap my head around it, since Damien is also known as THE DEVIL.  Why people want Satan to get his own HEA was beyond me, and I wondered if maybe I hadn't done a good enough job of making him EVIL in the series.

But I see their point.  The series is about redemption, and holds a lot of Christian ideals in it, mixed with tons of sex, cuz that's how I roll.  So why not?  Of course, now I'm committed (or should be anyway) and here we go with Damien's story.

I'm not great at writing bad guys.  It's not my strong suit, hence, I believe, my dilemma.  I'm not even good at alpha men, because I think alpha men are possessive, controlling, borderline abusive jerks.  So Damien's story is being difficult.

I have an outline, and I'm trying to follow it.  But I cannot relate to this particular story.  It's not mine.  And here is where I think my problem is.

Working through it will be fun, time consuming, and probably brutal.  But I'm a woman of my word, and Damien will get his.

Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews