Thursday, August 15, 2013

Author interview--Antonello Fiore

Today, I'm interviewing Antonello Fiore, author of Killer Rumors.



Describe your writing process.

Prior to begin writing my story, I write down twenty main sub-plots on a small paper and marking each event in its order. That way, I already know the flow and structure of my novel prior to begin writing it. 
I always do my writing in the evening. That way, the day is behind me and I begin to work on my story with a fresh mind. I do my writing on my laptop and constantly have a notepad and pen with me at all times so that I can jot down great ideas and integrate them into my story. 

What motivates you to sit down and write?

  I schedule myself when I need to write. I write every evening for two hours and give myself a rest on Sundays. Within that time-frame, I know that it is my time to write and being productive. 

Where does your inspiration come from?

  My inspiration comes from events that occur in the world that seems to be an ongoing issue. I want to inform readers that certain issues are constantly occurring, and finding a solution to end these issues. 

What do you think is your greatest strength in your writing?

  My greatest strength in my writing is being my own boss. I have the ultimate freewill on how my story will unfold. Another strength that I carry are the countless number of mystery and thriller books that I have read. As a result, I am very well aware the structure on how to write a mystery novel. It became natural on my part once I started writing my mystery novel, Killer Rumors. 

What is your biggest challenge?

My biggest challenge when writing a story is actually not the writing part, but the editing. I consider myself being a perfectionist. Therefore, I want to make sure that my book consists of no errors. By doing that, I need to review my story many times until I am satisfied with it. It could be time-consuming, but the reward is well worth the time. 

What authors have inspired you?

  Authors who have influenced me include James Patterson and Dan Brown. What I admire most about James Patterson is the constant dialogue, detailed descriptions, and short-length chapters. When chapters are short, we tend to read more since we want to find out what will happen next. Dan Browns’ combination of mystery genre and apocalyptic plot is what pulls me on how I would want to present my story. I own all their novels and by reading them, I am growing both as a reader and author. 

Tell us about your latest work?

My debut mystery novel is called, Killer Rumors. The reason why I wanted to write this story was to inform the public that priests will always be under the microscope. There have been numerous cases where priests have been falsely accused to crimes they did not commit. Killer Rumors will explain what happens when you leave a man with no choice. 

Here is the synopsis of Killer Rumors:

Father D’Angelo and Bakeman, two devoted priests were brutally murdered while going on one of their nightly walks. Detective Frank Rinelli is called to the case- not only due to his close friendship with the priests, but with his expertise of tracking psychotic killers. Rinelli suddenly discovers these murders were based on a scandal that occurred several years ago at the same Church where the two murdered priests preached. And it doesn’t stop there. The list of people being murdered in connection with the scandal continues to grow until the killer has his ultimate vengeance- and the truth released.

Join Detective Rinelli on the fearful streets of Philadelphia as he chases a madman who has nothing to lose and everything to gain- destroying the face of the Catholic Church. Rinelli discovers a hidden secret while confronting the killer that is way beyond betrayal and begins to question his faith. Could this betrayal be the killer’s momentum of not only killing Rinelli, but to complete his master plan which will affect the lives of every citizen?

What advice would you give other authors just beginning their journey?

  The best advice or encouragement I can give to writers looking to publish a book is constantly be your own and best marketer. Wherever you are, always talk about your book. Be proud of your accomplishments. Make sure you always carry a business card with you so that others know where to find your book and/or contact you. It is helpful of contacting your local library, media outlets such as newspaper, radio, and television stations for further exposure. I recommend you contact literary agents and/or book publishers that fit your book genre. With a professional query letter and presentation, your book will land into the right hands.


What have you found to be the most effective way to market your book?

  The most effective way of marketing my book is simply through word of mouth. I always bring up my book at any event where a huge number of people are attending. In addition, I constantly bring my business card with me at all times so people can know how to contact me and where to find my book. 
Social media has also been a critical tool in my marketing. I have created a Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads page for further exposure on my book. Creating my very own website (www.antonellofiore.webs.com) helps me update my latest news. Writing blogs that have a similar theme to my book helps further interest in my story. 
Providing sample chapters is another valuable tool. Readers can have a sneak peak to determine if it will spark their interest. Lastly, I have participated in many author interviews so I can support my book and future plans.

What are you working on now?

  I am currently working on my next novel entitled, The Right Reason. It is going to be an inspirational and religious story. Fans of Mitch Albom will definitely admire it. The story is about a 17-year-old boy named Domenic who is rebelling against his mother and school. He eventually runs away from home and aligns himself with street gangs. Domenic decides to pierce his ears and get’s a tattoo of a cross on his forearm so that he can fit in with the rest of the gang members. The members eventually disown Domenic, since he has nothing to offer. And it keeps getting worse for Domenic. He begins to get infections due to his piercing and tattoo. When it seems there is no more hope and about to lose consciousness, Domenic receives a special visitor- our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus takes Domenic on a journey where He guides the young boy to a spiritual path and explains to him that our actions should only be delivered to praising God’s message and work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews