Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Holly Project by KA Steritt Spotlight and Interview


Title: The Holly Project

Author name: KA Sterritt



Genre: Contemporary romance

Blurb:
“One foot in front of the other. Breathe in, breathe out.”

Holly Ashton hasn’t celebrated her birthday since her mother passed away. Instead, it’s the one day of the year that she allows herself to grieve. The rest of the year is spent pretending to be the strong and independent woman she wants to be.
Professionally, she has it all together. A great job as an architect at Sydney’s most prestigious firm keeps her focused.
Her personal life is far less charmed. Emotionally detached from everyone other than her small circle of friends and family, relationships are a no-go zone.






Life is exactly how she wants it to be – until the day of her twenty-fifth birthday.
A chance encounter with Ryan Davenport, CEO of a property development firm, turns her tightly controlled life upside down.
Ryan is driven, ambitious and used to getting what he wants – and very unexpectedly, what he wants is the beautiful, smart-mouthed Holly Ashton.
When neither of them believes in happily ever afters, how are they supposed to find their own?



What motivates you to sit down and write?
 I love it! Having a scene in my head and then getting it out in the way I envisaged is an incredible feeling.

Where does your inspiration come from?

I love this question. I am inspired all the time by books, music, my husband, things in everyday life, other authors. If you’re looking for it, inspiration is everywhere!

Do you have any writers that you consider mentors?

GJ Walker-Smith and Beth Flynn. They are fantastic authors and I’m grateful to count them both as friends.

What is your biggest challenge?

As with many writers, I am time poor. Writing a novel takes a serious amount of time and that’s not easy to come by when you need to sleep too.

Do you ever experience writer's block?  How do you get through it?

I find the only way to get through writer’s block is to stop overthinking it and just write whatever comes into my head. I read a quote somewhere that stuck with me. “You can’t edit a blank page.” It’s true. Plus, everything I write is improving my craft and you never know what ideas you get even from scenes which will be deleted.

Name some authors who have influenced or inspired you?

So many! GJ Walker-Smith has taught me so much about writing. Her books are beautiful and inspiring. I love the genius minds of Alessandra Torre and Tarryn Fisher and I aspire to be more fearless like them in my writing. I think Samantha Young writes incredible chemistry between her main characters.

Tell a little about your most recent work.  Title, genre, and tag line.

The Holly Project. It’s a contemporary romance based in Sydney, Australia. Tag line is “Sometimes playing it safe is the biggest risk of all.”

What makes a good story?

In my opinion, a good story is one where the reader is immediately engaged and cares about the main characters. If the chemistry is good, I want to be a part of their journey.

How do you market your work?

Facebook primarily, but I’m also Twitter, Tsu, Instagram and I have a website.

Do you have a current work in progress?  Can you tell a little bit about it?

I’m currently working on a book I am really excited about. It is set in Melbourne, Australia and is another contemporary romance. I had originally thought my second book would be a follow on from The Holly Project focusing on a secondary character, but the story in my head was screaming to be told.

Tell us about yourself, outside of writing.

I’m a very busy stay at home mum to three boys aged 8, 6 and 3. We live in Sydney, Australia and I’m married to my best friend and soul mate. I am a serious Bookaholic and have a To Be Read list a mile long! Writing is an incredibly satisfying outlet for me and I take any opportunities I get to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews